top of page
  • What park facilities can be reserved?
    The City accepts 2-, 4-, or 6-hour reservations on a first-come first-serve basis between 5 and 90 days before a scheduled event. Sports fields can be reserved for a maximum of 4 hours. Reservable facilities include the multi-purpose sports practice field (the baseball field), the basketball court, the octogon gazebo, and the two square pavilions. Play areas, picnic tables, the splash pad, parking lot, and other open areas CANNOT be reserved.
  • Do I have to make a reservation for the pavillions or sports fields?
    No. Reservations are only required if you would like exclusive use of a facility for a period of time; otherwise, they are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
  • Is there a cost and a form needed to reserve park facilities?
    Yes. You may download the Park Facility Reservation Form from the City's website. Current costs are included on the form.
  • Do I have to pay for a "first-come, first-serve" picnic area?"
    No. There is no fee. However, the area is not guaranteed to be available for your date of interest or time of arrival. If you are the first person of a reservation to arrive you must remain in the area until your party begins; you are not allowed to rope off the area or put up your own reservation signs.
  • Are there electrical outlets at the parks for public use?
    Electrical outlets are located at each pavilion; they are intended for 12 amp service.
  • When do I need to obtain a "Special Use" permit for the park?"
    Activities that require a special event permit from the City Council include: any activity that will have 50 or more participants (e.g., concerts, plays, carnivals, fairs, festivals, parties, reunions, or community events); any use of fireworks, firecrackers, or explosives; any activity that uses "amusement rides" (e.g., bounce houses, dunking booths, petting zoos, rock climbing walls, trackless trains, water slides); and any activity that involves sales of goods or services. To obtain a "Special Use" application form please contact the City Secretatry's Office at 830-980-8832.
  • Can I use a credit card to pay park fees?
    Yes, fees may be paid by credit card either in person at City Offices or over the phone. To use your credit card you must agree to pay the customary card company's processing fees.
  • Are there disabled parking spaces at the park?
    Yes. They are located near the entrance of the parking lot, near the restrooms.
  • Can I park my vehicle in the city park overnight?
    No. Overnight parking, walking, sleeping, camping by individuals or groups is prohibited within the confines of the park, except by special written permission obtained from the City Administrator.
  • Who do I call to complain about barking or aggressive dogs in the park?
    Call Bulverde's City offices at 830.438.3612.
  • Are there any dog parks in the City of Bulverde?
    Bulverde does not currently have a dedicated dog park. Persons interested in sponsoring a dog park should contact the Friends of the Park at In the interim, leashed pets are permitted in Bulverde's parks. Please remember to pick up after your pet as a courtesy to other pet owners and park visitors.
  • Who decides what play equipment is installed in new parks?
    The Bulverde City Council, acting upon advice from the Friends of the Park and City Parks Committee selects play equipment. Organizations wishing to sponsor additional play equipment in Bulverde's parks are encouraged to contact the Friends of the Park at
  • Can my group sell food or drinks in the park?
    No. You CANNOT charge fees or solicit donations or contributions for any activity; NOR can you sell any food, drinks, confections, merchandise, or commercial services, without the written consent of the City Administrator.
  • Can I sponsor a tree in someone’s name?
    Many park amenities in the park can be sponsored; they include trees, park benches, bricks, BBQ pits, parking lot, picnic tables, and many more. Cost of sponsorships vary. Contact the Friends of the Park at
  • Are my sponsoring donations tax deductible?
    Yes. The Friends of the Park, through the Bulverde Community Park Association, is a 501(c)(3) corporation; therefore, your amenity sponsorship, purchased bricks, and other donations are fully tax deductible as allowed by law. Consult your tax advisor for more information.
  • What is the basic difference between a "donation" and a "sponsorship"?"
    The difference between a donation and a sponsorship is what the person or company you are asking gets out of the deal. If supporting you with something of value adds a warm, fuzzy feeling and a tax write off to the individual or company at the end of a fiscal year, it classifies as a DONATION. SPONSORSHIPS provide money from companies to entities, such as The Friends of the Parks, in exchange for marketing opportunities. Because of the marketing implications (promoting the company's name and/or logo to a target market) sponsorships aren't eligible for "donation" tax deductions. Money spent for sponsorships are, nevertheless, deducted against a company's net profits because they are treated as a business' advertising expense. In other words, a business gets something tangible out of a "sponsorship" deal.
  • Is there an area in the park where I can hit golf balls?
    There is NOT; for safety reasons, you CANNOT play golf or hit golf balls in the park.
  • How do I report graffiti or park maintenance needs?
    Call Bulverde's City offices at 830.438.3612
  • Why would the parks have sprinklers on during the day?
    Landscape watering during the day is rare. During peak park use times, some effluent spraying can be expected in the Southwest corner of the park--West of the parking lot.
  • Can I use the electricity at the pavilions?
    You may plug in and use decoration or equipment that complies with applicable city fire and electrical codes. Circuit use is intended for 12 amps or less.
  • Can I play music at a pavilion in the park?
    Generally, yes; so long as it does not unreasonably annoy or endanger others. Use of amplifiers, loudspeakers, or a public address system requires approval of the City Administrator.
  • Can I bring a pet to the park?
    Yes, when under the immediate control of a responsible individual by means of a cage or leash, cats and dogs are permitted. Properly disposing of all trash and wastes, human (baby diapers) and animal, is the responsibility of the person or pet owner using the park.
  • Is it OK to picnic in the park?
    Yes. Day-use picnicking in the park is encouraged.
  • Can I set up my own canopy, tables, and chairs in the City park?"
    Yes. However, you may not drive any vehicles onto the grass or sidewalks. Additionally, you may not utilize stakes or any other kind of ground distrubance when setting up your canopy. We suggest you bring along wheeled apparatus and sufficient weight devices to help transport and secure your equipment. Canopies and covers cannot be staked into the ground or affixed to any part of a tree, the picnic area, or other parts of the park.
  • May I bring beer or wine to the Park?
    Alcohol, in non-glass containers, is allowed in the park as long as guests are orderly and respectful of the Park and other guests.
  • Are there fire pits in the park? Where can we have a bondfire?
    Ground fires are NOT permitted anywhere in the park.
  • Do I need a permit or a reservation for a birthday party or a family gathering at a City park?
    Normally, no. Reservations are only required if you have 50 or more attendees or you would like exclusive use of a facility for a period of time; otherwise, all park amenities are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
  • Does the park offer senior citizen activities?
    Senior activites are held at the Bulverde Spring Branch Activity Center at 30280 Cougar Bend, Bulverde, TX 78163 or call (830) 438-3111. The Bulverde Spring Branch Activity Center strives to enhance the lives of seniors of all ages through programs involving education, exercise, social activities, health, and communities service in an environment that provides opportunities for seniors to remain active and self-sufficient. The administrative office and gift shop hours are: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
  • Where can I bicycle or skateboard in the park?
    Skateboarding is NOT permitted in the park. Bicycle riding on park sidewalks is prohibited.
  • Can anyone use the splash pad? What are the rules?
    The splash pad primarily caters to children of all abilities, aged 2 to 12 years. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a supervisor above the age of 16 who is responsible for the safety and conduct of the child. Appropriate, clean swimwear must be worn at all times. Aqua socks, sandals, and water shoes are recommended because the concrete pad may be hot. Swim diapers are required for children under age of age 4 and children who are not toilet trained must wear tightly fitting plastic pants over a swim diaper. Users must clear or exit the area when conditions for thunder or lightening are possible. The splash pad cannot be reserved for parties; it is to be used on a first-come, first-serve basis. Small beach toys and balls are acceptable if used in a safe manner; no glass containers or animals are permitted on the splash pad.
  • What are the hours of operation for the splash pad?
    Generally, the splash pad is open during warm weather - from Memorial Day through Labor Day, during daylight hours. To activate the flow of water during these hours, step on the foot switch that is located on the splash pad.
  • Can I drive my car on park property to unload my party supplies?
    No. For safety reasons, a City Ordinance prohibits the use of vehicles on park property. Service ways are only for the use of city, city-sponsored, and emergency vehicles.
  • What is the distance around the City park?
    Distances around walkways are depicted on a park map that is available [here]
  • Is tap water safe to drink?
    All tap water is safe to drink; the source is Canyon Lake Water Service.
  • Does the park have WiFi?
  • How do I sign up for little leagues, pop warner, etc?"
    There are no city-run sports programs. All private sports programs such as Little League, youth basketball, girls softball, youth soccer, and youth football are responsible for their own registration and league administration.
  • Can I host a wedding in the park?
    Many people host wedding ceremonies in City parks each year. This process is permitted through a "Special Event" park permit application. If you also want to hold the "reception" in the park; other requirements must be identified on the Special Event application such as alcohol, food preparation, music, tents, and security. The Special Event application can be found here.
  • Can I camp overnight in the park?
    There is no overnight camping in the City’s park.
  • Are personal, portable barbecue pits allowed in the park?"
    No. All open fires in the park are prohibited. Fires in the park's barbecue pits are allowed. However, coals must be fully extinguished before departure.
  • I would like to report a maintenance problem at a City park; who do I contact?
    Call Bulverde's City offices at 830.438.3612.
bottom of page