top of page
5k run.jpg
5k run1.jpg
Bulverde Community Park


A special event permit is a specific authorization from the city council for the use of a city-owned or operated park under the circumstances listed below. Each permit shall be granted by the city council in the form of an ordinance which shall specifically describe the type of activity authorized and the terms of use for city parks and facilities.


The ordinance granting the permit will stipulate that the city may revoke authorization for the use of the city park if any provision of the ordinance is violated.


In the event of a conflict between the provisions of this chapter and an ordinance granting a special use permit, the ordinance granting the special use permit shall control.


Activities requiring a special event permit.

The following activities will only be permitted by the city if the city council has first approved a special event permit in accordance with this section:

  1. Any use or activity that will have 50 or more participants. This includes, but is not limited to: concerts, plays, carnivals, fairs, festivals, parties, reunions, or other community events.

  2. Use of fireworks, firecrackers, or explosives.

  3. Any activity that utilizes bounce houses, dunking booths, petting zoos, rock climbing walls, trackless trains, water slides, or any recreational equipment that could require significant ground disturbance.

  4. Any activity that requires the provision of goods or services for money, except for transactions involving a tax exempt organization, provided that that activity does not, in any way, impede the public’s normal use and enjoyment of the park.


 Applications should be submitted to the City Secretary's Office at least 60 days prior to the event.  The form, and the rules governing the issuance of Special Use Permits, are available at the links below:

bottom of page